Search Site

Should you seek to modify an existing child support order?

Under Rhode Island and Massachusetts law, either parent may request a modification of an existing child support order whenever there is a substantial change in circumstances.  The party requesting the modification must establish the substantial change.

Further, in Rhode Island either parent may seek a review and adjustment of an existing child support order once every three years, (every 4 years in Massachusetts) without a substantial change in circumstance.  We can assist you in reviewing the guidelines to determine if a change is warranted.

Child support guidelines change from time to time.  It is always advisable to review your situation on a regular basis.  It is important to meet with an attorney to review the support guidelines to determine if the change will be in the direction you want it to be.

Give us a call to discuss.

Better information leads to better decisions.

Contact us

Please fill out the form below and one of our attorneys will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Our Office
  • Providence Office
    145 Waterman Street
    Providence, Rhode Island 02906
    Phone: 401-455-0002
  • West Hartford Office
    71 Raymond Road
    West Hartford, Connecticut 06107
    Phone: 860-590-7578
/*Start of Quote Widget*/ /*End of Quote Widget*/